Sunday, March 25, 2007

The real story on the "firing" meeting

This is going to be tougher than I thought. Seems there are stories on the Internets that say that I went to a meeting on the firing of prosecutors even though I testified that I had no idea what was going on. I understand why some people think I got some 'splainin to do.

This is what really a happened. My secretary, Wendy just got engaged, and some people in the office thought it would be fun if we threw her a surprise office party. We had a cake, cards, the whole bit. It was a lot of fun.

However, we needed at a way to get her into the conference room without being suspicious. We wanted it to be a surprise, so we sent around this phony meeting maker thing saying the subject of the meeting was US Prosecutors' positions.

I mean, come on. What do they want? Did they want us to spoil the surprise?

I am so glad the my boss supports me.

No comments: